1. ______ the Radio Communications Directory, there are 16,376 licensed radio stations currently broadcasting.
A. Due to B. Taken by C. Required by D. According to
2. Dr. Corley holds a Ph.D. in anthropology, and ______ a book about the Nile delta last October.
A. publish B. published C. publisher D. publishing
3. Under ______ and chief executive Diane Johnson, Johnson Legal has become a successful law firm.
A. found B. founder C. founded D. foundation
4. The e-mail server will be down ______ between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday so that we can upgrade the software.
A. permanently B. immediately C. temporarily D. successfully
5. Unfortunately, the New York office has failed ______ its sales goals in each of the last three quarters.
A. achieves B. to achieve
C. achievement D. the achievements